Sparkly Holiday Wren

Just in time for the holidays, one of the prettiest dresses I’ve ever made!

Welcome!

Welcome!

Pattern: Wren by Colette
Fabric: Glitter Jersey, Black/Red SKU 9648-03
Year: contemporary, and classic
Notions: thread and clear elastic
Time to complete: Here and there and in between other sewing projects
First worn: December 18 for photo-shoot
Wear again? I plan to wear it through the holiday season. It’s so comfortable and swishy
Where to shop?: Fabric and pattern from White Tree Fabrics

s1033-wren-09-large-fb3bf33c96b6d64e55479fee5c2604f273690d087ddfade2741eedb6b017c1cfThis was an especially fun project for me. As a member of the White Tree Blogging Team, I was gifted this glittery jersey in exchange for sewing up something with it. I chose to make the Wren dress by Colette Patterns. I had previously made up a muslin, to check the fit, so I put together my fancy new Wren with confidence. I love the fit and the drape of the glitter jersey. It does have stretch in both directions so the fit is spectacular. It feels fantastic to wear, and looks classic and expensive.

This entry was posted in Blogging, DIY, Dressmaking, Fashion, photography, Sewing, vintage and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Sparkly Holiday Wren

1. Shirley says:

Wow, what a marvelous dress and it looks great on you. Merry Christmas!

Liked by 1 person

2. Andrea says:

The bodice on this dress is really lovely and the fabric is just the perfect choice. I am quite the fan of wrap dresses at the moment having just made one myself. Although mine is a summer version.

Liked by 1 person

3. What a beautiful dress, perfect for the holidays and beyond!

Liked by 1 person

4. Gail Young says:

Fantastic dress, great post! Merry Christmas!!

Liked by 1 person

5. Annie Trish says:

It looks lovely and I’m a bit envious that in tropical North Queensland, I could never consider a dress like that in the holiday season…..but it looks beautiful for you to celebrate the holidays!

Liked by 1 person

6. This is lovely!! Sometimes glitter fabrics can look a bit naff but this one that White Tree sent you is spectacular and you’ve done a great job of making the most of it!

Liked by 1 person

7. Kathleen says:

that is lovely and it looks great on you!

Liked by 1 person

8. That’s a beautiful dress! Really elegant. You mentioned that you’d made a toile. Did it require much fitting? Just planning my first Wren.

Liked by 1 person

9. Your version is stunning .A wrap dress has been on my list for a while & this dress looks like a great one .

Liked by 1 person

10. Sooooo beautiful! This pattern seems to be prefect for festive dresses. Great fabric!

Liked by 1 person

11. Heidi S says:

You look so cute in this, not too young, not matronly, just right. Another great job!

Liked by 1 person