New York! New York!

Mood Fabrics in New York City!

Recently I visited New York City with a friend and we “really did the town” so to speak.

View from our apartment!

We enjoyed five full days of museums, Broadway shows, opera, improv at UCB , sketching in Central Park and Columbus Circle, walking the High Line, and while in the Garment District, we went to Mood Fabric Store.

IMG_9357 IMG_9354 IMG_9351 IMG_9349 IMG_9350 IMG_9346 IMG_9345We ran up and down the aisles just like all the contestants on Project Runway. It’s an awesome feeling to be browsing fabrics that famous designers also peruse. Swatch, the mascot dog, wasn’t there that day. I was told he was resting up after a busy weekend with tourists. Between destinations, we walked glamorous Madison Avenue and 5th Avenue, taking in all of the cutting edge window displays. We had so much fun!

Good-bye New York City!

Then I flew to Boston to visit old friends. We went sightseeing, hiking and ate yummy food, including lobster!

Putting the Lobster in the Pot!

IMG_9405In Massachusetts , we hiked through the woods and enjoyed the beginning of the leaves turning bright red, orange, yellow, and gold. Later we drove through New Hampshire and Vermont and took in even more fall beauty!

IMG_9422 IMG_9445In Boston, we went to a Farmer’s Market, where I saw quite a few Indie Fashion Designers/Sewers with their own creations for sale. I was really impressed.

A window display with vintage sewing machines in Boston

Later we went to Greys Fabric, where I was surprised to see a display of familiar indie sewing patterns, including Colette, Dear and Doe, and Sewholic.  I bought a few small items as souvenirs.

I had a fabulous time as you can see from the pictures, but unfortunately, I missed a meet up with Ebi of Making the Flame who kindly invited me to meet up in Boston. It would have been fun to meet a fellow sewer and blogger!

Happy Sewing!

New York, New York!

This entry was posted in Blogging, DIY, Fashion, nature, quilting, Sewing, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to New York! New York!

1. Lenore Hansen says:

fun tour of your vacaydays!

Liked by 1 person

2. nepalquest says:

Mom! Love the pictures from your trip!!! Looks like you had a fantastic time- and you got to go to Mood!!!

Liked by 1 person

3. Anny says:

Sounds like a dream trip!! Love, love, love New York!

Liked by 1 person

4. What a Fabulous trip!! How did you decide with all those fabric choices??!! Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 1 person

5. What an amazing trip! Clear blue skies and autumnal colours. Every time I read a blog mentioning Mood Fabrics i just want to jump on a plane and SHOP!

Liked by 1 person

6. Ellen says:

Oh, what a great trip you “did it all” including the lobster! Being from the Boston area myself, I’m wondering if you could point me in the direction of the shop with the vintage machines… Looks like a spot to visit!

I really couldn’t tell you what street, but it was where there were many other high end clothing stores. This particular store, (sorry I don’t even know the name of it) used the vintage machines as a window display and inside the display tables even looked like vintage sewing factory furniture.

• Ellen says:

I found it! Allsaints Spitalfields on Newbury Street. They are a British a Retailer of fine clothing which is probably waaaay out of my price range & lifestyle, but will keep it on my radar when I venture into town. 😃

Liked by 1 person

7. gingermakes says:

Wow, what a great trip! I’m so glad you had fun in New York! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

8. What a fantastic post, looks like you had a wonderful trip! Mood fabrics looks dreamy all that fabric 😉

Liked by 1 person

9. margueritedesigns says:

What a fabulous time you had – that is a dream I harbour ,,, I’m sure I will visit New York one day … That photo of you outside the display of vintage sewing machines is like some of the stores over here – the All Saints fashion chain. Not sure if that’s where you’re standing outside, but it looks like it.

10. Ebi Poweigha says:

What an amazing trip! Makes me want to travel around my own region a bit more. Next time you’re out this way, we’ll meet up. 🙂 Or when I’m in your neck of the woods!