Mendocino Spring Dress

Mendocino Spring Dress

The perfect fit every time! I am so pleased with the fit of this dress for my daughter, Leah. Since I have her measurements stored in my Lekala account, I can make her a dress, top, skirt, or any style, and know that it will fit perfectly without her even being here for a fitting. This time I made her a sleeveless dress with a design element in the front bodice. I changed the pattern slightly, and made a gathered skirt instead of putting in the pleats because I only had enough fabric to do it that way. I also added red piping around the waist. I’d like to try a pleated version and cut it on the cross-grain of  striped fabric, like the styling in the picture, before summer is over. Maybe I’ll make it for me.

23_small_image_107

Fabric: 100% cotton print
PatternLekala.co:  –Dress #4282
Year: contemporary
Notions:  invisible zipper, thread, piping
Time to complete:  6 hours
First worn: April 20, 2014 – Easter Holiday
Wear again? My daughter loves it!
Total price: 3 yards $15.00,  Pattern $2.24

This entry was posted in Customizable Sewing Patterns, DIY, Family, Lekala, Sewing and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Mendocino Spring Dress

1. Your daughter is adorable, Barbara! And the dress is so happy. 🙂 I love the red piping detail and the gathered waistline. I always look forward to your emails to see what you have been creating!

Liked by 1 person

2. Jacq C says:

Fabulous dress, the red piping was a great touch, your daughter looks gorgeous 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Anny says:

Cute daughter and cute dress! The red piping is perfect!

Liked by 1 person

4. kristonlion says:

o wow! saves the measurements! that is genius! I will have to check out Lekala!
    Very cute dress!

Liked by 1 person

Thank you. Yes, please check out this great pattern company. I’m busy editing their patterns, so if you come across one that you like but is hard to understand, please let me know and I’ll edit that one ASAP.

5. Colleen says:

So much beauty — your daughter and that dress and your daughter IN that dress. Lovely!

Liked by 1 person

6. I have finally been able to catch up on my blog reading and wanted to let you know how much I LOVE your last few projects!! I’ve got “call Dharma for dye stuff” on my list of to-dos this summer and you’ve inspired me to call them NOW : ) LOVE all the tops you’ve made lately and the dress for your daughter is just wonderful.

Liked by 1 person

7. zibergirl says:

Hi Loran, thank you. You can tell I’m having a fun time in retirement, learning new things, undertaking a new job, and just plain enjoying myself. I hope we can do a real meet up sometime. Maybe we could meet for lunch in SF? I have a gift card I need to use at Britex. I’ve never been there before, but I bet you have. 🙂 Let me know if you’re up for it, I’m pretty flexible.

8. ksgentry says:

I love that dress, and it fits your daughter perfectly. The added detail of the piping at the waist really makes this dress pop! Beautiful!

9. So pretty – your daughter AND the dress!!

10. Kathrin says:

Hi, I nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can find the information here http://sewlongcowgirl.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html