One of my favorite bloggers and sewers, Beth Huntington, of the RenegadeSeamstress, is sharing her talents, tips, and tricks in an upcoming Burda Style web-seminar! One of her specialties is refashioning. She’s very creative and talented and has many wonderful ideas for refashioning. I encourage all my sewing friends to take advantage of this great opportunity! See you there!
Beth talks about the web-seminar in a blog post here and the registration form is here. Stop by and check it out. It will be well worth your while. 🙂
|(from the application)
|Live Web Seminar Date: March 31st
Start Time: 11am EST (4pm GMT)
Length: 60 minutes
At a Glance:
- If you’ve ever wanted to try refashioning, but didn’t know where to start, this web seminar will give you the confidence and tools you need to begin.
- You will be inspired to reinvent your wardrobe to create original and unique clothing.
- When you finish this web seminar, you will want to grab your wallet, race to the nearest thrift store, and come home ready to create several refashion projects of your own.About the Web Seminar:
Would you like to join in the fun of one of the most exciting movements in sewing today? Do you have a closet full of ill-fitting, outdated clothing? Have you ever thought of recreating thrift shop clothes into somethingnew, but you didn’t know where to start?Then this is the webinar for you. Refashioning really is for everyone. You don’t have to be an accomplished seweror even a fashion designer to create your own unique wardrobe for very little money. All you need is the basic knowledge of how to use a sewing machine. You will be ready to look at a piece of unfashionable clothing, see it’s potential to create something new and modern for yourself.You will never look at thrift store clothes the same way again. You will beinspired by many examples of how you can transform even the ugliest clothes into something fresh and stylish that you can wear everyday. You will learn what to look for and how to find potential garments to refashion. You will be empowered with the tools and knowledge to confidently bring new life to secondhand clothes. In addition, Beth will lead you through a step by step quick andeasy refashion project that you will be able to do on your own as soon as you finish this webinar.What You’ll Learn:
- Reasons why refashioning is one of the most exciting movements in sewing today
- Where to find inspiration
- How to find great pieces at the thrift store
- How to organize your stash
- How to get over the fear of making that first cut
- How to bring new life to second hand clothes
- How to refashion a too small dress into a dress made just for you
Who Should Attend?
- Sewers who want to try something new and different
- Sewers who want to create unique and original garments for very little money
- Sewers who want to have perfectly fitting clothes
This web seminar is for sewers with a basic knowledge of their sewing machine and are familiar with how to take their body measurements.
About the Instructor
Beth Huntington is the creator and founder of the popular blog, The RenegadeSeamstress, best known for her friendly style and her straightforward, step by step, photo refashion tutorials. Thousands of visitors stop by The RenegadeSeamstress each day to get the inspiration and knowledge they need to create their own unique and original designs from second hand clothing. Craftsy awarded The Renegade Seamstress blog “Best Tutorials in Sewing” of 2013. You can visit The Renegade Seamstress at http://www.chicenvelopements.wordpress.com
Beth was recruited to help eHow launch their new Crafts Channel last fall. She is nowone of eHow’s Sewing Experts and creates weekly refashion tutorials on their site as well.
Beth is currently writing a book for C&T Publishing/StashBooks titled,“The Refashion Handbook: Refit, Redesign, Remake for EveryBody,” which is due to be released in September 2014.
This entry was posted in DIY
and tagged Beth Huntington
, refashion workshop
, Renegade seamstress
, sewing web seminar
. Bookmark the permalink