The Elisabeth Dress

Made From a Sewing Book

Seam Queen

I finished my cotton dress for the Fall for Cotton sewing challenge hosted by Roshelle and Tasha.


I used the Elisabeth 1950’s dress pattern from the book BurdaStyle VIntage Modern.

vintage-cover_homeI really love this book, which I borrowed from the library. I could tell that I was the first person to actually use the inclosed patterns to trace off two of the vintage looks that I planned to make. The sizing of the patterns fit me wonderfully with out any alterations. I love when that happens. I did make bodice muslins first thought, just to be sure.


Besides the 1950’s dress, I also traced off the 1920’s pattern and made it up in a muslin. It’s adorable! It has a drop waist and 3 bias cut ruffles that hang beautifully. I can’t wait to make that one up in a pretty apparel fabric.


The fabric that I used for…

View original post 182 more words

About SeamQueen

Seamstress, Sewist, Artist, Fashionista, Quilter, Upcycler, Textile Obsessed!
This entry was posted in DIY, Sewing, Upcycle, vintage and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s