Fall Floral Marguerite Dress

IMG_6840 - Version 2

The Facts

For the Sew Weekly Reunion 2013!

Fabric: Joann’s Silky Rayon / thrifted  cream colored lining

Notions: A pattern sent to me by Marguerite Designs

Pantone Challenge colors: Samba Linden Green Deep lichen Green Vivacious, Acai

Pattern: Vogue 7588IMG_6617  (thanks, Marguerite!)

Year: 90’s

Time to complete: A few days

First worn: In the evening of 8-28, across from my house for pictures

Wear again?  I am wearing it to a wedding in October

Total Cost:  Less than $15.00

I started with a fun fabulous pattern that went wonderfully with some colorful rayon fabric that I purchased at Joann’s for 70% off.  Luckily, it had several of the Fall Pantone Colors that were required for this challenge, so I didn’t have to buy any more fabric.

It is lined with thrifted cream colored satin. It feels dreamy against my skin and has a lovely drape. I especially like the faux wrap-around detail that actually comes out from the side seam and hangs perfectly in the front.

I used my narrow hem foot to finish the drape panel and the bottom hem. I’m getting really good at using that devise. I even managed to narrow him the bias curved edge of the front panel without any mess ups!

I feel like I should 0f had this blog post done before now, but I got side tracked with an opportunity to go to an art retreat and study the art of collage quilting with the fabulous Laura Fogg. What an inspiration! I’ll blog all about that experience very soon, so come back and visit! I have some other very important things to take care of, like getting a new sewing machine. My 20 year old Pfaff stopped working. I think I burned the motor up and I don’t know if it can be fixed or if it’s dead in the water.

This entry was posted in DIY, Sewing, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Fall Floral Marguerite Dress

1. sewexhausted says:

Such pretty colors! Really great dress! ~Laurie

2. This is such a lovely dress. Perfect style to show off such gorgeous fabric.

3. Leslie Rich says:

It looks beautiful. I love the way it drapes and flows!

4. Jacq C says:

Beautiful dress, and so many of the Pantone colours included. It looks so expensive and really suits you 🙂

5. This came out beautifully! You look lovely!

6. Houmeri says:

It looks fabulous, there’s nothing about it I don’t lie! And you have a lovely figure to show it of.xx

7. gingermakes says:

This is so lovely! It looks fabulous on you!

8. Gjeometry says:

Wow, this is a beautiful dress! The fabric is lovely, the rayon flows so nicely. My colours for the Sew Weekly challenge also include vivacious and lichen green. These 2 colours go SO well together, love them!

I agree, it’s a great palette of colors. I hope I can find more fabrics in my stash to make up this fall. Thanks for your comment.

9. itssewanny says:

You did an amazing job and I really love that fabric!

10. I’m so glad this worked out well for you! Also that you have somewhere special to go in it – it’s why I bought the pattern in the first place but the event never came about, so it’s great that you can do that instead of me!

11. zibergirl says:

What good fortune for me, thanks to you!

12. ksgentry says:

It looks great! The fabric looks like it was made for that pattern! Great Job!

13. The dress is so pretty and you look divine!

14. Pingback: “Mix it All Up!” | The Sew Weekly Reunion

15. Pingback: Challenge Winners!!! | The Sew Weekly Reunion

16. smittenness says:

What a gorgeous dress, such a wonderful set of colours and looks so smart on you. I have a difficult relationship with my narrow foot hem, any tips? Sorry to hear about your machine giving up, it’s such a shame when that happens, hope it can be fixed.

17. nitadances says:

Oh, that is so lovely! One of the things on the top of my list after I retire (in December!) is to learn to sew a dress. I’ve had my eye on the Collette patterns. Nice to meet you!