Hot Hawthorn!

Now here’s a Hawthorn to remember! It’s modeled by my lovely daughter who has come to CA for a short visit.

She lives in Phoenix, but has been traveling a lot lately. She just got back from Chicago, then she’s off to Santa Fe for a few days, then Dallas, and after that, a quick vacation in Ecuador. She’s quite a mover and a shaker! She’s very charismatic and beautiful. She presently is an accounts manager for Benefit Cosmetics (Yes, she brings us samples). I had her dress complete except for the hem and the buttons and today, with her here, I was able to finish it up. It looks incredibly nice on her and she really likes it.

This entry was posted in DIY, Family, Sewing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Hot Hawthorn!

1. leah says:

WOW! SO AMAZING!!!!! The dress is incredible and she of course is so gorgeous! Love the color on her!

2. sewmanju says:

Wow the dress and your daughter are gorgeous!

3. I love the fabric and paired with the pink belt! It looks great on her!

4. BE-A-U-TI-FUL! Both the dress and your daughter!!!

5. ksgentry says:

Great Hawthorn! Wonderful choice of fabric and paired with that pink felt is sewing genius! Great fit! What a beauty, dress and daughter!

6. Anny says:

Absolutely lovely dress and lovely daughter!

7. colleen says:

Perfect for her! In fact, the Hawthorns you’ve made for your girls have seemed to fit them exactly, figure-wise and personality-wise. You and your husband are lucky to have such beautiful daughters!

8. sewexhausted says:

Gorgeous! The dress and the daughter! And I just love that bright yellow on her with the pop of pink! ~Laurie

9. loranc says:

BEAUTIFUL!!

10. Wendy says:

I am so glad you posted this! I love the look of the Hawthorn and would love to try making one sometime, but I was worried that it wouldn’t work for those of us that are superbusty, but I see that it does! This gives me great hope! I don’t have much success with RTW button ups, but perhaps making my own will solve all the issues I typically encounter (if it fits in the bust, it’s huuuuge in the waist, and if it fits in the waist, the buttons have major gaping. ugh!)

The dress and your daughter are lovely! Great make! 🙂